You are going to travel to Ghisonaccia, we tell you everything !
Discover the must-see places… the best times to go… and all the good reasons to travel to Ghisonaccia !
Good to know before going on a trip to Ghisonaccia in Corsica
Before you go on a trip to Ghisonaccia in Corsica, here is some additional information to know :
- Geographical location: Ghisonaccia is a town located on the east coast of Corsica, between Bastia and Porto-Vecchio. It offers easy access to the Mediterranean Sea and is accompanied by beautiful natural landscapes, such as forests, rivers and mountains.
- Climate: Ghisonaccia enjoys a Mediterranean climate with hot, sunny summers and mild, wet winters. Summer temperatures can reach around 30°C, while winter temperatures are usually around 10-15°C. It is advisable to check the consumers of weather data before your departure in order to plan the appropriate clothing.
- Outdoor activities: Ghisonaccia and its surroundings offer many opportunities for outdoor activities. You can enjoy the fine sandy beaches for swimming, sunbathing and practicing water sports such as windsurfing and paddle boarding. Hiking enthusiasts could explore the coastal paths and the surrounding natural parks.
- Accommodation: Ghisonaccia offers a range of accommodation including hotels, holiday homes and campsites. If you prefer to be close to nature, campsites can be an ideal option, offering easy access to beaches and outdoor activities.
- Corsican cuisine: Take advantage of your stay in Ghisonaccia to discover Corsican cuisine, renowned for its fresh produce and local specialities. Don’t miss tasting dishes such as brocciu (Corsican cheese), lonzu (charcuterie), canistrelli (traditional biscuits) and of course Corsican wines.
- Getting around: To get around Ghisonaccia and the surrounding area, it is recommended to rent a car. This will allow you to easily visit the sights and move around at your own pace. You can book a rental car in advance for added convenience.
How to get to Corsica and Ghisonaccia ?
To get to Corsica and Ghisonaccia, you have several transport options:
- Airplane: The nearest airport to Ghisonaccia is Bastia-Poretta Airport (BIA), located about 70 kilometers away. Many airlines offer direct or stopover flights to Bastia from several cities in France and Europe. Once at the airport, you can rent a car or take a taxi to reach Ghisonaccia.
- Ferry: If you prefer to travel by ferry, several shipping companies offer crossings from the French mainland (Marseille, Nice, Toulon) or Italy (Livorno, Savona, Genoa) to Corsican ports such as Bastia, Ajaccio, Porto-Vecchio and Propriano. Once you arrive at one of these ports, you can drive or take public transport to Ghisonaccia.
- Car: If you are in mainland France, you can reach Corsica by taking a ferry from one of the ports mentioned above. You can also choose to drive to an Italian port to catch a ferry to Corsica. Once on the island, you can drive to Ghisonaccia by road.
- Train: There is no direct train connection to Ghisonaccia. However, you can take the train to one of the main Corsican cities such as Bastia, Ajaccio or Porto-Vecchio and then take a bus or hire a car to get to Ghisonaccia.
It is recommended to check schedules, availability and prices with airlines, ferry companies and car rental companies in advance, and book your tickets according to your preferences and itinerary.
What is the weather like in Ghisonaccia in Corsica ?
The weather in Ghisonaccia, Corsica, is of the Mediterranean type, with hot, dry summers and mild, wet winters. Here is an overview of the average temperatures in the region :
- Spring (March to May): Temperatures generally vary between 12°C and 20°C. Precipitation may be reduced, but the weather gradually becomes sunnier.
- Summer (June to August): Summer temperatures in Ghisonaccia are hot, with averages fluctuating between 25°C and 30°C. Sunny days are frequent, and rainfall is relatively low.
- Autumn (September to November): Temperatures begin to drop gradually in autumn, with averages ranging from 18°C to 25°C. Precipitation increases slightly during this perio
- Winter (December to February): Winter temperatures in Ghisonaccia are mild, with averages between 8°C and 15°C. Precipitation is more frequent, but sunny days are not uncommon.
It is important to note that weather conditions can vary from year to year, so it is recommended that you check the Internet for updates before your trip to Ghisonaccia.
Where to sleep in Ghisonaccia ?
In Ghisonaccia, you have several accommodation options, including campsites suitable for holidaymakers. Here are some suggestions of campsites where you could stay:
Discover the partner campsite Camping U Casone.
When to go for a stay in Ghisonaccia in Corsica ?
The best time for a stay in Ghisonaccia in Corsica is generally between the months of May and September, when the temperatures are pleasant and the rainfall less frequent. Here is some information about the seasons in Ghisonaccia :
- Spring (May-June): Temperatures start to rise, with sunny days and temperatures around 20-25 degrees Celsius. This is an ideal time to enjoy the less crowded beaches and outdoor activities.
- Summer (July-August): This is peak tourist season in Ghisonaccia, with temperatures reaching 30 degrees Celsius or more. The beaches are lively, water activities are popular and many events and festivals take place.
- Autumn (September-October): Temperatures remain pleasant, around 20 to 25 degrees Celsius, and the beaches are less frequented. This is an ideal time to enjoy the calm and beauty of the region.
It is important to note that the weather can vary from year to year, so it is recommended to consult with meteorology users before you go. Whatever the chosen period, Ghisonaccia offers magnificent beaches
What are the must-see places to visit in Ghisonaccia in Corsica ?
In Ghisonaccia, in Corsica, you will find several essential places to visit. Here are some suggestions :
- Plage de Vignale: Located near Ghisonaccia, this fine sandy beach is the ideal place to relax, swim and enjoy the sun.
- Urbino Pond Nature Reserve: This reserve is home to a wide variety of birds and offers great opportunities for hiking and wildlife viewing.
- Ucelluline Waterfall: This magnificent waterfall has lush vegetation and is a pleasant excursion for hiking enthusiasts.
- Parc Aventure de Ghisonaccia: Perfect for families and adventure seekers, this park offers tree climbing, zip lines and other outdoor activities.
- Saint-Michel de Ghisonaccia Church: This 18th century church is an example of local religious architecture and is worth a visit for its richly decorated interior.
- Domaine de Mavela: This wine estate offers Corsican wine tastings and vineyard tours, allowing visitors to discover the flavors of the region.
- Regional Natural Park of Corsica: Although located at a distance from Ghisonaccia, this natural park is worth the detour for its breathtaking landscapes, its hiking trails and its preserved fauna and flora.
There is of course much more to discover in and around Ghisonaccia. Do not hesitate to explore the charming neighboring villages, the picturesque beaches
What are the culinary specialties in Ghisonaccia ?
In Ghisonaccia, in Corsica, you will have the opportunity to taste delicious local culinary specialties. Here are some of the typical specialties of the region :
- Corsican charcuterie: Corsican charcuterie is renowned, and you can offer products such as lonzu (dried pork tenderloin), prisuttu (raw ham), and coppa (dried pork loin).
- Corsican cheeses: Among the typical cheeses of the region, you will find brocciu, a fresh cheese made from sheep’s or goat’s milk, as well as casgiu merzu, an aged Corsican sheep’s cheese with a strong taste.
- Canistrelli: These traditional Corsican biscuits are often prepared with anise or almond. They are perfect to accompany a coffee or a cup of tea.
- Fiadone: This is a Corsican dessert made with brocciu, eggs, sugar and lemon. It has a slightly creamy texture and is often flavored with myrtle brandy.
- Fritelli: Fritelli are zucchini flower fritters, typical of Corsican cuisine. They are usually served as a starter or an appetizer.
- Figatellu: Figatellu is a pork liver sausage seasoned with spices and wine. It is often grilled and served as an appetizer or as an ingredient in traditional dishes.
These culinary specialties allow you to discover the authentic flavors of Corsican cuisine during your stay in Ghisonaccia. Don’t miss the chance to sample these local delicacies at area restaurants and markets.
What are the best things to do in Ghisonaccia ?
In Ghisonaccia, in Corsica, you will find many activities to enjoy your stay. Here are some of the best things to do in Ghisonaccia :
- Enjoy the beaches: Ghisonaccia is renowned for its magnificent fine sandy beaches. You can spread out in the sun, bathe in the clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea and practice water activities such as paddle boarding, kayaking and windsurfing.
- Hiking: The Ghisonaccia region offers superb landscapes suitable for hiking. You can explore the surrounding paths and mountain paths, such as the Mare and Monti path which runs along the coast and offers panoramic views of the sea.
- Nature Discovery: Explore the Urbino Pond Nature Reserve, an unspoiled place with rich flora and fauna. You can observe migratory birds, go canoeing and enjoy the surrounding nature.
- Cultural visits: Ghisonaccia and its surroundings are full of picturesque villages, historical sites and Corsican traditions. You can visit churches, museums, Genoese towers and participate in local cultural events to discover the richness of Corsican culture.
- Tasting of local products: Do not miss the opportunity to taste the culinary specialties of the region, such as Corsican charcuterie, artisanal cheeses, local wines and products from organic farming.
- Sports activities: Ghisonaccia also offers sports activities such as tennis, cycling, horse riding and golf, for lovers of outdoor sports.
These activities will allow you to discover the natural beauty, the culture and the flavors of Ghisonaccia and to spend unforgettable moments during your stay in Corsica.
What budget should you plan to go to Ghisonaccia in Corsica ?
The budget for a stay in Ghisonaccia in Corsica can vary depending on different factors such as the time of year, the length of stay, the type of accommodation chosen and the activities planned. Here is a general estimate of expenses to consider :
- Accommodation: Accommodation prices in Ghisonaccia may vary depending on the season and the type of accommodation chosen. You can opt for campsites that often offer affordable rates, or choose hotels or vacation rentals. Rates can start at around 40-50 euros per night for campsites and from 70-80 euros per night for hotels and vacation rentals.
- Meals: The restaurants in Ghisonaccia offer a variety of Corsican dishes and specialties. The average price of a meal in a restaurant can vary from 15 to 30 euros per person, depending on the type of restaurant and the dishes chosen. If you also prefer to cook yourself, you can shop at local supermarkets.
- Transport: If you are traveling by plane, the cost of plane tickets will depend on your place of departure and the reservation period. If you travel by ferry, the cost will depend on the ferry company, the season and the type of vehicle. On site, if you want to explore the surroundings, you can consider renting a car, the prices of which vary according to the duration of the rental and the type of vehicle chosen.
- Activities: Activities in Ghisonaccia can include cultural visits, boat trips, water sports and outdoor outings. Prices vary depending on the activity chosen. Some activities may be free or at a reduced price, such as hiking and nature discovery.
- Other Expenses: Don’t forget to budget for extra expenses such as souvenirs, drinks, local purchases, and any entrance fees for tourist attractions.
In summary, for a stay in Ghisonaccia in Corsica, it is recommended to plan an average budget of around 50 to 100 euros per day and per person, depending on your choice of accommodation, meals and activities. It is also advisable to book in advance to benefit from the best rates and to consult the special offers or packages available.
How to get around in Corsica, in Ghisonaccia ?
To get around Corsica, in Ghisonaccia, several options are available. Here are some means of transportation to consider :
- Rental car: Renting a car is one of the most practical options for exploring Ghisonaccia and its surroundings. You can rent a vehicle from our car rental company, giving you the freedom to move around at your own pace and explore the various attractions in the area.
- Public transport: The public transport network in Corsica includes buses that connect the main towns and villages of the island. You can take a bus from Ajaccio, Bastia or other towns to Ghisonaccia. However, please note that bus times may be limited, particularly outside the tourist season.
- Taxis: Taxis are also available in Ghisonaccia, but they can be more reserved than other transport options, especially if you can travel longer distances.
- Bicycle: If you want to explore the surroundings of Ghisonaccia in a more ecological way, you can consider renting a bicycle. This will allow you to enjoy the beauty of the area while exercising.
It is important to note that Corsica is a mountainous island, with winding roads and magnificent landscapes. It is therefore advisable to drive carefully and obey traffic rules. If you need to venture off the beaten track or explore more remote areas, you need a detailed map or a reliable navigation system.
In conclusion, renting a car from our car rental company is often the most practical solution for getting around Ghisonaccia and enjoying your stay.