You are going to travel to Sartène, we tell you everything !
Find below all the information you need for a good trip to Sartène in Corsica !
Good to know before going on a trip to Sartène in Corsica
Sartène, located in Corse-du-Sud, is a city steeped in history and charm. Before leaving on a trip to Sartène, here is some useful information to know :
- Historical heritage: Sartène is renowned for its rich historical heritage. The old town, with its cobbled streets and granite houses, offers an authentic atmosphere. Do not miss to visit the Sainte-Marie church, the clock tower and the museum of Sartène to discover the history of the region.
- Climate: Sartène enjoys a Mediterranean climate, with hot, dry summers and mild winters. The summer months, from June to September, are the best time to enjoy the beaches and outdoor activities. Bring light clothing and appropriate sun protection.
- Outdoor activities: The surroundings of Sartène offer many opportunities for outdoor activities. Hiking, mountain biking, sea swimming, wine tours and wine tasting are some of the popular activities in the area. be sure to bring comfortable walking shoes and clothing suitable for the activities you may be involved in.
- Gastronomy: Corsican cuisine is renowned for its richness and diversity. In Sartène, you can taste local specialties such as Corsican charcuterie, sheep’s cheese, lamb dishes and Corsican wines. Do not miss to taste the famous AOC wine of Sartène, produced locally.
- Transport: To get to Sartène, you can fly to Figari-Sud Corse airport, located about 20 km from the city. From here, you can hire a car to drive to Sartène, making it easier to explore the area. It is also possible to use the bus or taxi services to get around.
- Local events: Sartène offers several cultural and traditional events throughout the year. The most famous is the “Carnaval de Sartène”, which takes place in February and showcases local traditions and costumes. Find out about the events organized during your stay.
In conclusion, Sartène is an ideal destination for lovers of history, nature and gastronomy. By preparing in advance and familiarizing yourself with the attractions and
How to get to Corsica and Sartène ?
To get to Corsica and Sartène, you have several transport options :
- Plane: Corsica has several airports, including Ajaccio-Napoléon Bonaparte airport and Figari-Sud Corse airport, located near Sartène. You can fly from different cities in France or from other European countries to one of these airports. Once there, you can rent a car or use public transport to get to Sartène.
- Ferry: Another popular option is to take the ferry to Corsica. There are regular connections from Marseille, Nice, Toulon and other French ports to the main ports of Corsica, such as Ajaccio, Propriano and Porto-Vecchio. Once you arrive at one of these ports, you can drive or take public transport to Sartene.
- Road: If you prefer to drive, you can reach Corsica by taking a ferry from the mainland to one of the Corsican ports, then take the road to Sartene. Corsica is accessible by road from mainland France via ferries or the Ile Rousse road bridge.
It is recommended that you plan your trip in advance and check flight or ferry schedules and availability, especially during peak tourist seasons. It is also advisable to book your accommodation in Sartene in advance, especially if you are traveling during peak periods.
What is the weather like in Sartene in Corsica ?
The weather in Sartene, Corsica, is generally of the Mediterranean type, with hot, dry summers and mild, wet winters. Here is an overview of the average climatic conditions in Sartene :
- Summer (June to August): Average temperatures vary between 24°C and 30°C. The days are sunny with little rainfall. This is the ideal time to enjoy the beaches and outdoor activities.
- Autumn (September to November): Temperatures begin to drop slightly, fluctuating between 19°C and 26°C. Rainfall is accelerating, but sunny days still occur. This is a pleasant time to explore the region and enjoy the autumn landscapes.
- Winter (December to February): Average temperatures vary between 10°C and 16°C. Precipitation is more frequent, but sunny days are not uncommon. There may be periods of wind and rain. Indoor historical activities and exploring the sites of the area are popular during this time.
- Spring (March to May): Temperatures rise gradually, with averages between 13°C and 20°C. Precipitation decreases and sunny days become more frequent. This is an ideal time to admire the local flora and enjoy hiking in the surrounding nature.
It is always recommended to consult the weather forecasters before your trip to Sartene to make sure you pack the clothes and access
Where to sleep in Sartene ?
When to go for a stay in Sartene in Corsica ?
For a stay in Sartène, Corsica, the best time to visit is generally during the months of May to September. During this period, you can enjoy pleasant temperatures, abundant sunshine and conditions conducive to exploring the region.
Here is an overview of the seasons in Sartène :
- Spring (May to June): Temperatures start to warm up, with sunny days and mild temperatures. It’s a good time to explore the surrounding nature and enjoy the tranquility before the summer tourist influx.
- Summer (July to August): This is the busiest time in Sartène, with an influx of tourists. The temperatures are hot, often exceeding 30°C, and the beaches are very popular. This is the perfect opportunity to enjoy water activities and local festivals.
- Autumn (September to October): Temperatures begin to drop slightly, but remain pleasant. The beaches are less busy and you can enjoy a more peaceful atmosphere.
- It is also the harvest period and local festivals highlighting regional products.
It is important to note that Corsica can be subject to weather variations, so it is always recommended to check the surfers before your departure. Whatever the chosen period, Sartène offers natural beauty and authentic charm throughout the year.
What are the must-see places to visit in Sartene in Corsica ?
During your visit to Sartène, in Corsica, here are some essential places to discover :
- The old town of Sartène: Stroll through the narrow, winding streets of the old town, steeped in history and charm. Admire the stone houses and flowered balconies, and discover the churches and picturesque places.
- The Sartène Museum: Located in a former 18th century barracks, the Sartène Museum presents archaeological collections, works of art and historical artefacts linked to the region. It is an ideal place to learn more about the history and culture of Sartène and Corsica.
- Genoese towers: Sartène has several Genoese towers, built in the 16th century to protect against pirate attacks. The Sartène tower, located on a hill, offers a panoramic view of the city and the surrounding area.
- The beaches of Roccapina and Tizzano: Near Sartène, you will find magnificent beaches, such as the beach of Roccapina and the beach of Tizzano. These stretches of fine sand and turquoise water offer an idyllic setting for relaxing and swimming.
- The vineyards of Sartène: Take advantage of your visit to Sartène to discover the vineyards of the region. Sartène is renowned for its quality wines, in particular the AOC Sartène wine, produced from local grape varieties. You can taste these wines in the wine estates and discover the picturesque wine-growing landscapes.
- Hiking trails: Sartène is surrounded by unspoiled nature and offers many hiking trails to explore. Popular trails include the Roccapina trail, which leads to the famous eponymous beach, and the Campu Rumanilu trail, which offers panoramic views of the valley.
These emblematic places will allow you to discover the natural beauty, the history and the culture of Sartène and to spend an enriching stay in Corsica.
What are the culinary specialties in Sartene ?
In Sartène, in Corsica, you can taste many typical culinary specialties of the region. Here are some of the culinary specialties not to be missed during your stay in Sartène :
- Sheep’s cheese: The Sartène region is famous for its delicious sheep’s cheese, especially Brocciu. This fresh cheese made from sheep’s milk is used in many Corsican recipes and can be eaten plain or cooked.
- Corsican charcuterie: Corsican charcuterie is renowned for its quality and unique taste. Among the specialties to discover are coppa, lonzu (dried pork tenderloin) and prisuttu (dried ham).
- Lamb dishes: The lamb of the region is also very popular. You can enjoy tasty dishes such as lamb ragout, candied lamb shank or even grilled lamb.
- Corsican biscuits and cakes: Sweets are not left out in Sartène. Do not miss to taste the canistrelli, crunchy Corsican biscuits with almonds or anise, as well as the fiadone, small cakes with brocciu and lemon.
- Corsican wines: Sartène is also renowned for its quality wines. You can taste locally produced red, white and rosé wines, such as Vin de Corse-Sartène, which will go wonderfully with your meals.
During your stay in Sartène, do not hesitate to go to the local restaurants to discover these culinary specialties and treat yourself to the authentic flavors of Corsica.
What are the best things to do in Sartene ?
In Sartène, in Corsica, you will find many activities to do to make the most of your stay. Here are some of the top things to do in Sartene :
- Discover the old town: Sartène is known for its charming historic centre. Walk the cobbled streets, admire the stone houses and explore the medieval citadel. Don’t miss the famous Place de la Liberation, where you can soak up the lively atmosphere of the city.
- Visit the archaeological sites: Sartène and its surroundings are full of archaeological remains. Be sure to visit the prehistoric site of Cauria, where you can admire alignments of menhirs and dolmens dating from the Bronze Age.
- Hiking in the mountains: The surroundings of Sartène offer magnificent mountainous landscapes suitable for hiking. Guests can explore scenic trails and enjoy panoramic views of the sea and surrounding countryside. Don’t miss the Punta di Cagna trail, which will take you to a belvedere with a breathtaking view of the Gulf of Valinco.
- Enjoy the beaches: The beaches of Sartène and its surroundings are renowned for their natural beauty. Among the most popular beaches are Roccapina Beach with its impressive rock formations, and Campomoro Beach, ideal for swimming and water sports.
- Taste local specialities: Take advantage of your stay in Sartène to discover Corsican gastronomy. Taste local cheeses, Corsican charcuterie and regional wines. Do not miss the products either the local markets where you could buy fresh and regional.
These activities will allow you to discover the natural and cultural beauty of Sartène and to spend an unforgettable stay in Corsica.
What budget should I plan to go to Sartène in Corsica ?
The budget to plan for going to Sartène in Corsica can vary according to several factors, such as the period of travel, the type of accommodation, the planned activities and personal expenses. Here is a general estimate of the budget to plan for a stay in Sartène :
- Accommodation: Accommodation options in Sartene include hotels, bed and breakfasts, vacation rentals and campsites. Rates vary depending on the type of accommodation and the booking period. Plan an average budget of 70 to 150 euros per night for quality accommodation.
- Transport: The most common way to get to Sartène is to fly to the nearest airport and then hire a car to get to Sartène. Flight prices vary depending on the booking period and the airline. Car rental can cost between 30 and 100 euros per day, depending on the category of vehicle.
- Meals: The restaurants in Sartène offer authentic Corsican cuisine. Plan an average budget of 20 to 40 euros per meal, depending on the type of restaurant and the dishes chosen. You can also save money by shopping at local supermarkets and cooking some meals yourself.
- Activities: Activities in Sartène include visiting historic sites, hiking, boat trips, etc. The prices of the activities vary according to their nature. Plan an average budget of 10 to 50 euros per activity.
- Personal expenses: Budget extra for personal expenses such as souvenirs, drinks, small purchases, etc. This may vary depending on your preferences and spending habits.
Overall, for a stay of a few days in Sartène, you will have to spend an average budget of 500 to 1000 euros per person, depending on your style of travel and your choice of accommodation and activities. Don’t forget to take into account the variations
How to get around in Corsica, in Sartène ?
In Corsica, especially in Sartène, car rental is one of the most practical ways to get around and explore the region in complete freedom. As a vehicle rental company, we can offer you solutions adapted to your needs. Here is some information on transport options in Corsica:
- Car rental: Car rental is recommended to discover Sartène and its surroundings. You can rent a vehicle at the nearest airport or at the car rental agencies available in the area. This will allow you to move easily and explore the various attractions of Sartène and Corsica.
- Public transport: Although public transport in Corsica is less developed than on the mainland, there are buses that serve certain towns and villages, including Sartène. However, times can be limited, so it is important to plan your trips well according to available times.
- Taxis: Taxis are also available in Sartène and nearby towns. They can be useful for trips over the courts or to get you to specific places. Make sure you book a taxi in advance, as they may be less frequent in some areas.
- Bicycle and motorcycle: If you prefer more ecological means of transport and you are a fan of two-wheelers, renting a bicycle or motorcycle can be an interesting option. This will allow you to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the area while allowing you to continue easily.
By considering our vehicle rental company, you could benefit from a wide choice of vehicles adapted to your needs, whether it is a compact car, an SUV or a more spacious car for families. We are committed to providing you with quality service and to supporting you throughout your stay in Sartène.
Don’t forget to check driving license requirements, driving rules in Corsica and respect speed limits. Plan your