Good to know before going on a trip to Moriani Plage in Corsica
Before you go on a trip to Moriani Beach in Corsica, here is some useful information to know :
- Location: Moriani Beach is located on the eastern coast of Corsica, in the Costa Verde region. It is about 40 kilometers south of Bastia, the main town in the region.
- Climate: Moriani Plage enjoys a Mediterranean climate, with hot, sunny summers and mild winters. Summer temperatures are generally around 25 to 30 degrees Celsius, while winter temperatures are milder, around 10 to 15 degrees Celsius. It is advisable to consult the meteorological expert before your departure to plan the appropriate clothing.
- Access: You can get to Moriani Plage by plane landing at Bastia-Poretta airport, which is about 25 kilometers north of the city. From there, you can rent a car or take a taxi to reach Moriani Plage. Another option is to arrive by ferry at Bastia and then drive to Moriani Plage.
- Accommodation: Moriani Plage offers a variety of accommodation options including hotels, vacation homes and campsites. It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance, especially during the peak summer season, to ensure availability and get the best rates.
- Beaches: Moriani Plage is renowned for its magnificent fine sandy beaches. Take the opportunity to relax in the sun, bathe in the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea and practice water activities such as windsurfing, paddle boarding or diving.
- Activities: In addition to the pleasures of the beach, Moriani Plage also offers the possibility of exploring the surrounding nature. You can explore the hiking trails of the Regional Natural Park of Corsica, visit typical villages in the hinterland or go on excursions to remarkable natural sites such as the San Nicolao waterfalls.
- Gastronomy: Take advantage of your stay at Moriani Plage to taste Corsican culinary specialities. Do not miss to taste local products such as cheese, charcuterie, seafood and of course, Corsican wines.
Before you go, don’t forget to check the current travel restrictions, bring the necessary documents and take out adequate travel insurance. Enjoy your trip
How to get to Corsica and Moriani Beach ?
To get to Corsica and Moriani Plage, you have several options:
- Airplane: The nearest airport to Moriani Plage is Bastia-Poretta airport. Many airlines offer regular flights from different cities in France and Europe to this airport. Once you arrive at the airport, you can hire a car or take a taxi to reach Moriani Plage, which is around 25 kilometers away.
- Ferry: If you prefer to travel by ferry, you can take a ferry from the French mainland (Marseille, Toulon, Nice) or from Italy (Livorno, Savona, Genoa) to Bastia. Once you arrive in Bastia, you can drive to Moriani Plage, which is about 40 kilometers south of the city.
- Car: If you are already in Corsica
- Public transport: It is also possible to get to Moriani Plage using public transport. Buses run from Bastia to Moriani Plage, but times can be limited, particularly outside the summer season. It is recommended to check the timetables in advance and allow plenty of time for possible connections.
Whichever transport option you choose, it is recommended that you plan your trip in advance, check timetables and availability,
What is the weather like at Moriani Plage in Corsica ?
The weather at Moriani Plage in Corsica is generally pleasant and sunny, typical of the Mediterranean climate. Here is some information about the weather in the area :
- Summer (June to August): Temperatures are hot, with highs often around 28 to 32 degrees Celsius. This is the most touristic period, with lots of sunshine and little rainfall.
- Autumn (September to November): Temperatures begin to drop slightly, but remain pleasant, with highs around 22 to 26 degrees Celsius. Precipitation increases a little, but sunny days are still frequent.
- Winter (December to February): Temperatures are cooler, with highs around 12 to 15 degrees Celsius. Evenings can be cool, so it is advisable to bring warmer clothes. Rainfall is more frequent during this period.
- Spring (March to May): Temperatures start to rise gradually, with highs around 16 to 20 degrees Celsius. The sunny days become more intense, and the surrounding nature wakes up with beautiful flowers and lush vegetation.
It is always recommended to check the weather data before your trip, as the weather can vary from year to year.
Where to sleep in Moriani Plage ?
When to go for a stay at Moriani Plage in Corsica ?
The best time to go on a stay at Moriani Plage in Corsica is during the months of May to September. During this period, the temperatures are pleasant, varying between 20°C and 30°C, and the days are sunny. This is the ideal season to enjoy the beaches, swim in the Mediterranean Sea and practice various water activities.
However, if you want to avoid the tourist crowds and enjoy a quieter vibe, the months of May, June, and September may be more suitable choices. Temperatures are still mild, accommodation rates may be more affordable and beaches are less talked about.
It is important to note that Corsica can experience peak periods during school holidays and the months of July and August. It is therefore advisable to book your accommodation in advance to ensure you have a place and enjoy your stay at Moriani Plage.
What are the must-see places to visit in Moriani Beach in Corsica ?
At Moriani Plage in Corsica, you will find many places to visit and explore. Here are some of the must-see places to discover during your stay :
- Moriani Beach: Enjoy the fine sand and clear waters of this magnificent beach. It is the ideal place to relax, sunbathe and swim.
- Etang de Biguglia Nature Reserve: Located nearby, this nature reserve is home to a wide variety of birds and plants. You can go for walks and observe the local flora and fauna.
- San Nicolao waterfalls: A few kilometers from Moriani Plage, you will find these superb waterfalls surrounded by greenery. It is an ideal place to cool off and enjoy the beauty of nature.
- Village of Cervione: Located a few minutes drive away, this charming village perched on a hill offers a panoramic view of the region. You will be able to discover and discover its historical heritage and taste locals.
- Mountain Hikes: Take advantage of the hiking trails that criss-cross the surrounding mountains to discover breathtaking landscapes and spectacular panoramas.
- Wine tasting: The Moriani Plage region is known for its wine production. Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the local wine estates to taste the renowned Corsican wines.
These suggestions are only a glimpse of the many possibilities offered by Moriani Plage in terms of discovery and activities. Do not hesitate to inquire at the local tourist office for more information and recommendations according to your preferences.
What are the culinary specialties at Moriani Plage ?
Moriani Plage, like all of Corsica, offers delicious regional cuisine with its own culinary specialties. Here are some of the specialties not to be missed during your stay :
- Corsican charcuterie: Taste local charcuterie products such as lonzu (dried pork tenderloin), coppa (dried pork loin) and prisuttu (dried pork ham).
- Corsican cheeses: Be sure to try Corsican cheeses such as brocciu (fresh sheep or goat cheese), casgiu merzu (cheese made from fermented sheep or goat milk) and corsu vecchiu (aged sheep cheese ).
- Canistrelli: These traditional Corsican biscuits are perfect to accompany a coffee or a cup of tea. They are often flavored with anise or lemon.
- Fiadone: This Corsican dessert is a cheese tart made with brocciu, eggs, sugar and lemon. This is a sweet treat not to be missed.
- Seafood: Since Moriani Plage is located by the sea, you will have the opportunity to taste fresh seafood such as mussels, oysters, langoustines and sea urchins.
- Corsican wine: Corsica also produces excellent wines. Take advantage of your stay at Moriani Plage to taste local wines such as Vermentinu white wine or Niellucciu red wine.
These culinary specialties will give you an idea of the gastronomic richness of Corsica. Do not hesitate to explore the local restaurants and markets to discover other traditional and tasty dishes.
What are the best things to do in Moriani Plage ?
Moriani Plage offers a multitude of activities to enjoy your stay in Corsica. Here are some of the best things to do in Moriani Plage :
- Enjoying the beach: Moriani Plage is renowned for its beautiful fine sandy beach. Soak up the sun, relax on the sand and swim in the clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Water sports: try water activities such as windsurfing, paddleboarding, kayaking or scuba diving to discover the beauty of the seabed.
- Hiking: Explore the hiking trails around Moriani Plage. The region offers magnificent mountainous landscapes and breathtaking panoramas.
- Visiting picturesque villages: Take advantage of Moriani Plage’s central location to visit picturesque villages such as Cervione, Penta-di-Casinca and San Nicolao. Discover local historical architecture, churches and Corsican culture.
- Wine tasting: The region of Moriani Plage is known for its vineyards. Enjoy a visit to the wine cellars to taste local wines and learn more about Corsican viticulture.
- Boat trips: Go on a boat trip to discover the magnificent coasts of Corsica, visit secluded coves, sea caves and admire the beauty of the surrounding nature.
- Corsican gastronomy: Do not miss to taste the culinary specialties of Corsica in the local restaurants. Taste the cold cuts, cheeses, fresh seafood and traditional dishes of the region.
- Shopping: Shop at the local boutiques and markets to bring home handicrafts, local produce and souvenirs from your stay in Corsica.
Whether you are looking for relaxation on the beach, outdoor adventures or cultural discoveries, Moriani Plage offers a wide range of activities to satisfy all tastes.
How much budget to plan to go to Moriani Plage in Corsica ?
The budget needed for a stay at Moriani Plage in Corsica can vary depending on several factors such as travel period, length of stay, type of accommodation, planned activities and mode of transport. Here are some things to consider when estimating your budget:
- Accommodation: The prices of accommodation at Moriani Plage may vary depending on the type of establishment chosen (hotel, campsite, vacation rental). Campsites generally offer more affordable rates. Plan a budget of around 50 to 100 euros per night for quality accommodation.
- Transport: If you are traveling by plane, plane tickets to Corsica may vary depending on the season and the departure airport. It is recommended to book in advance to get the best rates. If you prefer to take the ferry, the fares depend on the company and the time of year. Don’t forget to factor in car rental costs if you want to explore the surrounding area.
- Meals: The restaurants at Moriani Plage offer a variety of local and international dishes. Plan a budget of around 20 to 40 euros per person per meal in a restaurant. If you prefer to cook yourself, local supermarkets offer a reasonable price range.
- Activities: Activities at Moriani Plage can include boat trips, water sports, guided tours and hikes. Prices vary depending on the activity chosen. Find out about rates in advance and consider budgeting accordingly.
- Additional expenses: Also budget for additional expenses such as souvenirs, drinks, entrance fees to tourist sites and local transport.
It is important to note that these estimates are indicative and may vary according to your personal preferences. It is recommended that you do detailed planning and research current fares to get a more accurate estimate of your travel budget to Moriani Plage in Corsica.
How to get around in Corsica, at Moriani Plage ?
To get around Corsica, at Moriani Plage, several options are available to you :
- Rental car: Renting a car is one of the most popular options for exploring Corsica. You can rent a vehicle from our vehicle rental company in Moriani Plage. This will give you great flexibility to move around and discover the different tourist sites in the region at your own pace.
- Public transport: Corsica has a public transport network including buses and trains. Buses are a convenient way to travel between different towns and villages. Trains, although less developed in Corsica, can be used for longer journeys to other parts of the island.
- Taxis: Taxis are also available at Moriani Plage and nearby towns. They provide a convenient way to get around, especially for shorter trips or when you don’t want to drive yourself.
- Cycling: If you are a fan of cycling, you can also consider renting a bike at Moriani Plage. The region offers magnificent landscapes and numerous cycle paths to allow you to enjoy outdoor walks.
It is recommended to plan your means of transport in advance according to your needs and your planned route. Hiring a car will give you the greatest freedom and flexibility to explore Moriani Plage and the surrounding area. Don’t forget to check the local driving rules and respect the speed limits on Corsica’s roads.